- 1 purple onion, sliced
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4-6 sprigs of thyme
- 1-2 jalapeños, sliced
- 2-3 inch knob of ginger, peeled and sliced or grated
- 2-4 pieces of turmeric, peeled and sliced
- 2-3 cups of raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 quart sized mason jar and lid
- 1 pint sized jar of raw local honey
Slice all of your ingredients and put them in a quart sized mason jar.
Cover all ingredients with apple cider vinegar
Place a non-reactive lid on jar or use parchment paper in between the jar and the metal lid/band. Store in a dark cabinet and give it a shake every day or two for 4 weeks.
After 4 weeks strain liquid into a measuring cup. Pour into a clean quart sized mason jar and top off with raw local honey. Give it a shake and use daily during cold and flu season.